Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Few More Days...

..until my surgery, that is. On Friday morning I will be going under the knife and am a bit nervous about the whole thing. It's not that big a deal really, given that it will be done under local anaesthetic, but still... I do hope that this helps in the long term as it will continue to keep me on the sidelines for some time yet.

In other news my right knee continues to hurt. It's been over a month (and that includes a DNS at the Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon that is depressing to say the least) since I've stopped running, but this damned tendinitis lingers on. I've been to the physio and to many massage therapy sessions, and I'd like to say things have improved, but it's more of the one step forward, one step back variety. I'm still optimistic that this will eventually clear up and I plan on getting back to running towards the end of October.

That DNS was a pain in the ass though. Arrrgghhhh!!!

And oh yeah, while rebuilding my laptop I seem to have created an unwanted issue with the network adapter. Wireless still works, but no dice on the Ethernet port. It's been a pain to get this thing working, and no solution seems possible short of performing the whole reinstall process again and hoping that this time I happen upon the magic sequence of installing the multitude of drivers that may solve this issue. Why are laptops such a pain!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on Friday. I am sure everything will go smoothly. I am sure some of the downtime will help with the knee too.

September 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Frayed Laces said...

Thanks for the ITB tip! I have noticed it being tight lately...I will use my trigger point system on it over the next few days. Let's hope it works!

September 29, 2009 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

Best of luck on Friday... keep us posted.

September 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Good luck with your surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery!

September 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Best wishes with regard to the surgery and the laptop ethernet port!

September 30, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home