Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trying not to Wallow...

...in self-pity, that is. As I look at the dark parts on the world map (see sidebar) getting more and more square with each passing day I am envious of this perfect running weather that end of Summer brings. Although I can't run right now, choosing to not inflict any more damage to my crappy knees, I've taken to rollerblading more than ever before. Instead of biking to work I make the 7-8km trek with a set of wheels strapped to my feet. It's been a great change of pace! Sure doesn't feel like a workout or anything, but I'm confident that my glute meds are getting used for perhaps the first time ever. This should lead to a better kinetic chain, and ultimately superior shock absorption for when I do return to running. That's the theory, anyway...

Other than that I've been busy with work and such, and getting the little ones off to their first week of school. Owen starts cross-country tomorrow, and he's been running home with me rollerblading by his side the last couple of days. I hope he has a great experience this year!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Never been rollerblading myself. Sounds like fun actually.

September 10, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home