Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thaaaaaat's Better

The view from the same office window is MUCH better this morning. I got totally soaked on the way home yesterday, but at least it was really warm out and in the end I really don't mind that much (you know, not being made of sugar and all that...).




And since I've been asked a couple of times to clarify what a Twoonie is, and given that my running has been on hiatus for the past week, I'd thought I'd fill your brains with semi-useless information. Semi-useless because you might find yourself up in the Great White North someday asking how much a power bar costs and get, "A Twoonie and a half," in response. So...

A 'Twoonie' is our beloved $2 coin:

It is called thusly because our $1 coin is called a 'Loonie' on account of the loon that is prominently displayed on the reverse side of the Queen.

We couldn't rightfully have called it a 'Queenie' since all our money has her on it, but I think it might have been kind of nice to have done so. If Lambchops ever becomes King then we could easily switch to 'Kingy', but since this is not the case we're stuck with 'Loonie'.

This afternoon I am seeing the massage therapist for some pain treatment at $100/hr. As I foam roll, stretch, use a rubber ball to roll my calf, and generally inflict pain upon my person in a variety of ways, I ask myself more frequently, "Why do I do this to myself again?" So far, no concrete answers have come to mind...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

MUCH nicer weather today.

Love the ode to our twoonie! We're so used to it that we forget how funny the term is.

August 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

You learn something new every day although some days you wonder if it was worth knowing! ;)

August 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Its a beautiful day today, what a great view you have in your office!

August 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Jeremy said...

As a Canadian living out of the country it was nice to be reminded of the Twoonie!

Good luck with the therapy - it will be money well spent (just keep saying that to yourself)

August 5, 2009 at 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explaination! The view is definitely better.

August 6, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home