Tuesday, August 4, 2009

They Call it Stormy Tuesday

Still recovering from the calf thing, so no running. Been keeping busy with non-running activities (sit ups, push ups, other "ups", and such), but am trying my best to stay positive. Hoping to get back to running end of this week (Friday - optimistic, Sunday - realistic).

Just snapped a photo of a storm coming through Toronto from my office window. Here it is for your enjoyment. (I just hope it passes before I have to bike home! The raindrops are massive, though you can't see them in the photograph. We're also watching for twoonie-sized hail, but no sign of that stuff yet...)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Nitmos said...

Cool view! "Twoonie-sized" = awesome. I'm guessing a lot of the American readers are wondering what a "twoonie" is.

August 4, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

i'm supposed to ride tonight too... hmmmph. good luck! and hope you continue recovering. :)

August 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

Hey, look at us having a cross blog conversation!

I know what a twoonie is...come across them all the time here in good ole Canada draped Michigan. Just thought others wouldn't and chuckled to myself when I thought others would think "hey, did he mean to say Twinkie? That's a big hail storm."

August 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger C said...

Your sky looks like my sky. I feel at home. :)

August 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

What the hell is a twoonie? Your NZ readers long to know!

August 5, 2009 at 5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lucky to have an office window! The only one's in my place with a view are the doctors!

August 5, 2009 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

We had a wicked storm blow through yesterday afternoon. I was watching the news on CTV and T.O. got nailed too! YIKES, this is one crazy summer for rainy weather.

August 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home