Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update

Since I haven't been running, I haven't been blogging. The knee(s) (mostly the right one at this point) have forced me to take a major step backwards. Posting on this blog makes it more difficult to not be running, and so that explains why I've dropped out for a while. I am not running yet, though I have seen my physio and have a plan to get back to normal. It may take some time and I am not very hopeful of running the half-marathon later this month (big bummer, that's for sure). My current state of mind can be summarized with the word, "Whatever..."

I have started rollerblading a bit more, and even bladed to work this morning. I hope that this works out the right muscles to get my knee back in form, but I still feel pain below the patella when walking up and down stairs, and definitely when squatting down (as I have to do whilst tying one of my boys' shoelaces and such). I'm also doing more core strength stuff, as well as a bit more upper body weights. I hope to get to leg strengthening exercises once the knee heals because I really think that general weakness in the legs is a large part of the problem. Can't remember the last time I did any sort of lunge, for instance.

I do find it amazing that I've been running with knee tendinitis since February though! What an idiot...

Anyway, I have no idea when I will be running again. Until then I suspect the neglect of this space will continue. What's the point of keeping a running blog journal type thing when there's no running going on?!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Well I can understand totally the not wanting to blog when not running. Here's hoping you make a speedy recovery (and that I am not following your path on this one...)

September 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jen Feeny said...

I don't like all this Negative Nancy talk! You are going to make it through this recovery just fine and in the interim you should document your crosstraining so you have a way to hold yourself responsible for maintaining activity while you recover! Sorry to be pushy but I have a few friends laid up with injuries right now and it's killing me to see them get so down! You know we are all here to support you 100%.

September 8, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the knee still bothering you. You are going to be cross training king once you are back to running. You better keep us updated on how things are going.

September 8, 2009 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

You'll be back!

September 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home