Friday, August 7, 2009

Running Again!

Just a short post since it is late and I am tired. I finally made it back out running after nine full days off on account of the calf strain. Happy to report that this was not an issue tonight at all! The knees felt kind of kinked, but I'm hoping that's just rust after the lengthy lay off.

I ran 10km in 57:50.84 for an average pace of 5:47/km (9:18/mile). Average heart rate was 143bpm, and overall the run was easy. The last couple of kilometres I felt a bit sluggish, and coming out of the Don Valley up Pottery Road I slowed down quite a bit, but still finished feeling pretty good. I certainly wasn't spent or anything and look forward to another run on Sunday. Hopefully a long one.

Garmin don't lie.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home