Monday, November 9, 2009

Tentative New Beginnings

I've been out of touch for a while as far as this blog goes, but I just couldn't come up with any real reason to get on here and post something as long as I was laid up and unable to walk, let alone run, for a period of time. After my surgery I was the (un)lucky recipient of a blood clot in my leg that hurt like a mofo and promptly put me on my back for over a week.

As an aside, being on medication sucks...

Anyway, it took a while after that for the pain to go away to the point that I didn't feel like I was ripping the calf muscle right off of the bone, and then out of nowhere my wonky friggin' ankle flared up on me something fierce on Halloween weekend and I felt like I was once again taking two steps back. A full week went by and now, finally, I am starting to feel better.

I hadn't run a single time since August 26th, but managed to head out on Sunday morning for a very slow and tentative trial. I walked for a bit to "warm up" and then jogged for three kilometres with a bit of walking in between each click. It was slow, sure, but at least it "was". Twenty minutes or so of jogging and now on Monday morning I feel a bit stiff. Pathetic, I know, but I'm just hoping it is the beginning of my glorious comeback.

No goals at this point other than getting back to running regularly and relatively pain free. Here's hoping for a healthy rest of 2009, and a 2010 with lots of running and racing.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Great to hear that you're back out running. It sounds like things have been really tough.

November 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Andrew: Yup. Mentally as much as physically, it's been difficult to stay positive. Thanks for the comment!

November 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks for visiting my blog....

2010 is gonna be your year! :)

November 10, 2009 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Holy Doodle Man, you've been through A.LOT.!!

I'm so glad to read that you are feeling better and you know what? We want to hear from you whether you are running or not...

stay in blogland okay?!!!

November 10, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home