Monday, November 16, 2009

A Jog with a Wee One

Got out after work for another run, and had a surprising running buddy for the last bit too! After getting home, starting dinner, rushing off to pick up Owen, dropping him off at home, going to get Malcolm, coming home, grabbing Owen and taking him to a bus that would take him and his Cub Pack to some observatory up at York University, then getting back home I decided a run was in order.

So I set off on the now typical 3km with walks after each click. Upon getting home Malcolm came running out of the kitchen all ready to go for a run, so I was back out the door to "race" the five year-old. We had a great time, and with only a couple of short walking breaks, we managed to reel off another kilometre for a grand total of 4k for me, and 1k for him. Pretty good pace he was setting too, and a great companion for conversation. Not a dull moment the entire way! The little guy kept on doing "acrocatics" (that's how he seems be convinced it's supposed to be pronounced) - skipping and twirling periodically with me trying my best to not burst out laughing or topple right over top of him.

Now I am waiting for Owen's bus to get back. It was supposed to be back at 9pm, but as I was sitting in the car waiting another parent knocked on the car window and let me know that they would be back around 9:45pm. Great! One last errand to run before I can finally nod off for the night.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Feeny said...

1. I am exhausted just reading that first paragraph! Oh the life of a parent.

2. So cute you got a run in with the wee one. :)

November 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home