Monday, November 23, 2009

This is becoming a habit...

Never, and I mean NEVER, have I gone out for a run three days in a row. Sure, my distances are short and my pace is turtle-ish, but tonight marks the third day in a row that I've gone out for a run. I am pretty much just going out for runs whenever I feel like it, both physically and mentally. I didn't plan on this run, but when I came home and put some meat in the oven for dinner I had no interest in biking over to the school to pick up Owen, and I definitely hate using the car for such short trips. The school is a little less than a mile away, and I had time to strap on the old Garmin and running shoes and headed out for a jog.

I decided to run three kilometres and took a bit of an around-about way to get to the school. Walking breaks every kilometre, as has become my habit, and I arrived at the school with just a little less than the three clicks, so I ran around the playground and back to the front door.

When I collected Owen I didn't expect anything other than a nice walk home, but he noticed that I'd been running and said he wanted to run home. His reasoning was pretty good, saying that running would get us home faster for dinner and, ultimately, get him to his Cubs meeting on time. So off we went, me carrying his backpack, for another kilometre.

A total of 4km was what I did, and it feels pretty good. There is definitely something in commuting by foot - I love it! Can't wait to be in shape enough to perhaps run to and from work sometime in the new year...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Isn't it great when running is a joy?

November 25, 2009 at 2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home