Sunday, November 22, 2009

Couple Short Weekend Runs

This weekend was a lot of fun, and some running was accomplished as well. On Saturday morning I went out for an easy 3km run on my own since Monica had run with Owen the previous evening and the little guy was not up for another one so soon. I took brief walking breaks at each kilometre marker and felt pretty good. In fact, although not blazing or anything, I ended up running about thirty seconds per kilometre faster than intended. Afterwards we all headed off to Darlington Provincial Park and had a great hike through the woods and along the beach. The boys had a great time spotting dear tracks on the train, and leaving a long trail of driftwood thrown into the water along the beach.

Today Monica and I took advantage of the fact that the boys were with my Dad and drove down to Ashbridges Bay Park for another run together. It was great! We managed 4km with walking breaks, and really had a lot of fun. The terrain was really varied, which made for a soft ride: wooden boardwalk, some asphalt paths, wood chip sections, and even a bit of a dirt trail.

I finished the week having run five times, which is unusual for me, and feeling pretty good. It's so nice to be enjoying running again. My right knee continues to have a bit of pain under the kneecap, but I am continuing to do lunges and can feel my legs slowly getting stronger. I think as long as I do this, and stretch consistently, the knee will continue to improve. What will be difficult is holding myself back from running too much too soon, and too fast. That's why I am running with no goals at the moment...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Good to hear you are enjoying the running again.

November 23, 2009 at 2:37 AM  
Blogger Chad said...

love the 'back in the saddle' feeling. Its awful being limited by your own body.

http://runningfool-ootaynee.blogspot.com/search/label/taper%20tantrums

November 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home