Friday, August 15, 2008

Short Post before a Short Trip

Leaving in a couple of hours for Ottawa to meet up with the smallest of the clan (who's with his grandparents on his first adventure away from us!), so I'll keep this short. First, I am so entertained by the blogs I've been perusing for all sorts of reasons (too many to list here, but they are on my "Blogs I Read" section). In no particular order here's why: learning about running, getting through injuries, fighting through setbacks, great pictures, living vicariously through those in exotic places, and of course the timezone-spanning trash talk! I thought trash talking was perfected on the basketball court, but this blog version is perhaps superior because it leaves behind a record for all to see. Awesome stuff...

On my way to pick up the older of my two boys, heading out of town in my efforts to avoid cottage traffic, I will be picking up The Perfect Mile from my local library. Thanks to LifeStrides (by way of Nitmos) for turning me onto this book. Now that my course is over, and the paper is handed in, I look forward to reading for fun and not for school, and this sounds like a perfect entry into the literary world of running. I also have a bunch of books on order at the library dealing with training for 10ks and injury treatement, etc... I'm so wonky I'd better prevent as many kinks as possible or risk feeling like one big mega cramp. If anybody out there has fave books they would like to recommend please do so! It seems like Ultramarathon Man has come up a few times in blog posts and comments, so maybe that's where I'll go next, in words if not in miles...

Today I drive, tomorrow I run! Patella don't fail me now...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nitmos said...

The Perfect Mile is a GREAT read in my opinion. Fun book. Hope you enjoy. If you don't, what is Life Strides talking about? Geesh. ;)

August 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend. Enjoy and enjoy reading for fun!

August 15, 2008 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Have fun in my neck of the woods...hope the weather is good for your canal run!

August 15, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

The bloggy running-community is awesome to be a part of. Enjoy your drive and day off.

August 15, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home