Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gettin' Antsy... Ain't Gettin' Old.

As I prepare to attend the last lecture of my summer course, and putting the finishing touches on my paper (I am projecting that this will actually happen tonight, Olympics and all), I am feeling like I haven't been running in far too long. Last Friday was the last time I managed to get out, but since then the combination of knee pain and paper writing has forced me to lay low. Tomorrow I will be driving to Ottawa, thereby preventing me from jumping back in for another day. Saturday is THE day, though. I am going to start slow - just planning a 5k along the canal, nice and slow, nice and flat, lots of other runners (usually), lots of ducks... Can't wait! I'll wonder how many of the runners I pass along the way are into blogging...

Name the artist and song:

"Ain't gettin' old. Ain't gettin' younger though.
Just gettin' used to the lay of the land."*

* just how I'm feeling these days...

Update: A hearty "Good Work!" for michelle j. who correctly guessed that the above lyric comes from Neil Young's "Hawkes and Doves". Good stuff and thanks!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger BeachRunner said...

I have no idea on the song. Enjoy your day off and I hope you feel better soon.

August 14, 2008 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hawks and Doves - Neil Young

Gotta love google!!!

:O)

Good luck on your saturday run!

August 14, 2008 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Nice work michelle j.! Indeed it is Neil Young, one of Canada's finest exports besides bacon and hockey...

August 15, 2008 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Frayed Laces said...

oh have fun on your run!

August 15, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home