Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rest, and the Jays

With the knee pain (patella femoral, IT band, gettin' old) lingering like a bad dream, it's probably a good thing that I won't be home tonight working on my paper and tempted to go for a run. Instead, I am taking my older son to the A's vs. Jays game! We normally go to one or two games a month, but this year we haven't gotten out since April. He loves baseball, plays on two teams, and is riveted when watching the game even though he's only 6. I remember his first game three years ago when a friend of mine, on the spurr of the moment, suggested we go see a game. I figured Owen would last an inning or two and then we'd be heading home. He was on the edge of his seat the entire game, and within days had all the player names memorized, knew which side of the plate they batted from, and could recite their uniform numbers! Needless to say he corrected me a lot when we played in our backyard pretending to be various Jays players as I would invariably make a mistake in batting from the right side while pretending to be a lefty. Anyway, we're off to the game and my running is on hold for the day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger N.D. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry about your knee too! I'm trying to lay off, and have cut back, but it is hard to not run at all. Can't do it.
That is really cute about your son and the game!!! Have fun!

August 7, 2008 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Thanks n.d.! You are the first to leave a comment on my new blog - Thank you! And I agree with you on how hard it is to lay off running for any period of time, even though I am relatively new to it.

August 7, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home