Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Treadmill and Weights

After feeling a built guilty for taking some time off (though it was great to hang out with the boys and M. for the weekend) I got back at it tonight, to a certain degree. Jumped on the treadmill, after walking to the gym 5 minutes, for 20 minutes at 7mph with a 2.0% incline. I walked for 5 afterwards, but during the run I wondered why this short run felt harder than my Sunday run which was at about the same pace but lasted 10 more minutes. Is it the incline? Is it that the treadmill is not accurate?

After the run I did a short weight workout. Felt really weak and tired, yawning constantly, but the amount I was able to push was average for me, weak for the jocks and meatheads.

Bench Press 12-12-12 135lbs
Hammer Strength Seated Rows 12-12-12 160lbs
Combo Dumbell Biceps Curls / Military Press 12-10 30lbs (this one kicked my ass!)
One Arm Triceps Extensions 12-12 15lbs
Machine Ab Crunches 12-12-12 125lbs

Total time spent at the gym was 1hr. Any more and it usually starts getting really boring.

On the down side, I weighed myself and am still hovering at the 199lbs. Am I gaining muscle mass? Fat? Do I need a haircut that bad? I am not that concerned, but I do feel like I am carrying a little bit too much weight, especially if I want to train for and run the 10k.
Update: I received an email from MotionBased and have been told that my getting lost run should be uploaded by the end of the week. I'll be able to see just how I got lost, and the kids will have some entertainment. Why oh why do the so enjoy when their dad does stupid things?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home