Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just Weights

Only weight training tonight on account of the sore knee. Here's the routine (a bit different than usual, just to mix things up):


  • Crunches 50-50
  • Pushups (wobble board) 20-20-20
  • Chest Press (machine) 10-10 105lbs
  • Lat Pulldowns 10-10-10 140lbs
  • Dumbell Military Press 15-15 30lbs
  • Dumbell Biceps Curls 10-10 30lbs
  • Rope Triceps Extensions 12-12 40lbs

The scale said 199lbs. Not bad, though a couple pounds heavier than I was a couple of weeks ago. Given that I started at 211lbs back in January, I am doing ok. I have gained muscle mass and lost some flab. I'm aiming for 195lbs and see how I feel. If I still feel too heavy at 195lbs I will try to shed about five more to get to 190lbs to keep as much pressure off the ankle as possible by getting lighter.

I also did some extra stretching, and icing, to try and get this knee back in shape. I'll probably take a couple of Ibuprofen tablets tonight to try and get any inflamation that is there to go down. We'll see how it will feel tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home