Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lessons Learned - Knee Pain

Well, I woke up this morning with disappointment because I was feeling pain in my left knee just below the kneecap. This sure feels like patela-femoral syndrome, and I have a suspicion that it was my (in retrospect) poor warmup that brought this on. Normally I have walked for a minimum of 5 minutes prior to starting my run, but yesterday I was trying to get a 30+ minute run in before O's baseball game, and thought that my bike ride home from work would be enough of a warmup. I guess I was wrong and will not make the same mistake again.

Of course, there is the possibility that this issue came on for other reasons, but sticking to a warmup regimen can't hurt. For now, it's time off for a bit until the pain subsides. What a pain in the...

In other news, I have taken the plunge and have ordered a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS watch to help me in my quest toward running a sub 45 minute 10k. Being a fan of electronic gadgets, and having seen what this watch can do as far as tracking training information both on the web and through a friend who uses the device extensively, I am very much looking forward to taking this thing for a spin. I just hope my knee is ok to go as soon as it arrives, which should be in a couple of business days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home