Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Morning Workout

It was tough to get going this morning, but I was determined to get at least a run in since last night did not happen. I also decided to try and put in some weights as well given how the next few days will work against going to the gym. In any case, I had meant to run on the road, but walked by the gym first to see what time it would open given the weights plan and all. Seeing that it was already open, I chose the treadmill over the pavement to save the old ankle too much pounding too quickly (I was feeling really tight in the calves and didn't want to push it). The details are below:

5 min walk @ 3.5mph
30 min run @ 6.5 mph
5 min walk @ 3.5 mph
(all at 2.0% incline)

High 140's avg HR, over 600 calories burned.

Weights:

Bench Press 12-12-10 135lbs
Hammer Strength Seated Rows 12-12-12 140lbs
Lateral Dumbell Flys 12-12 20lbs
Barbell Biceps Curls 12-12 60lbs

I felt really worn out, so I cut the workout short. I think a couple days off the strength training, as much as I hate it, will actually be a good idea.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home