Friday, August 8, 2008

Jays Win! Final score 6-4

It was great to take the little guy to a Jays game and have them actually win! Over the last three years I have a miserable record when attending games. Prior to last night the Jays obliged just once, losing every other time I took Owen on my own. When my wife attends, on the other hand, they almost always win. Needless to say, when the A's jumped out to a quick 3-run lead in the second inning I was thinking, "Here we go again..." But the enthusiasm of a six-year old knows no bounds as Owen was positive the Jays would get the four-game sweep over the struggling Oakland team. Having other little guys from Owen's baseball team there was also cool as they all had a great time. By the time we left (after watching the "World's Fastest Grounds Crew", a bunch of guys that run out from behind the left field wall, sweep the dirt of the turf around the bases, change the bases, and rake, then run like hell back from whence they came) at the conclusion of the 5th inning, the game was tied and one of our favorite players, shortstop Johnny Mac, was the key to the comeback and eventual victory. On the way home we listened on the radio as the Jays took a lead on a bases loaded HBP (how thrilling!...), and then watched BJ Ryan close it out. It was particularly sweet to see Frank Thomas (who I don't dislike, but his grumbling earlier this season as a Jay was hard to take given the money he was being paid) hit into the game ending double play, turned by who else but Johnny Mac of course!.

I forgot to take my camera, and am still deciding whether this blog will be a picture-rich or picture-poor endeavor... Hmmmmmmmmmm.

In other news, I watched the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car?" while icing last night. If you haven't seen it I recommend it as a good diversion. Corporate America is completely insane in this case. I'll never figure out why GM did what they did.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger BeachRunner said...

A ball game with your son and your team wins - what is better than that?

Good luck with your running and thanks for stopping by my blog.

August 8, 2008 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Vava said...

Thanks Beachrunner! I've been reading your blog this morning and will add you to my list of running blogs worth reading. Great stuff!

August 8, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home