Monday, August 18, 2008

The Only 12.5 In Canada???

So, I have been looking into replacing my running shoes and began my quest this weekend while in Ottawa. I currently wear Asics Gel-Cumulus 9 and am happy with them, though I am looking to get a bit more cushioning if possible (Gel-Nimbus 10, or something like that). I need a neutral shoe with a sole that doesn't twist on account of the wonky ankle, but I can't wear a stability shoe because I have high and rigid arches. Other than those physical restrictions, my only problem is that NOBODY carries 12.5 sizes in this bloody country!!! (Perhaps accounting for our poor track and field results? Hey, it's hard to run with the wrong footwear...) You'd figure that running specialty stores would have the occasional customer with a 12.5 size foot (thanks for nothing Running Room), but apparently people just skip up to a 13 once reaching 12. Any size below 12 comes in half-sizes, but I was given no explanation for why 12.5 is like the Yeti - I'm told to try this store, or call this place, or check out that, or contact the company, but a sighting is not imminent. When I do find something you can bet I will likely buy two pairs... IF THEY BLOODY WELL HAVE THEM!!!!!!! Or maybe I should guillotine a couple of toes and join the normal-feet folk? Friggin' genetics...

Thanks for letting me vent. Any advice would be much appreciated, though not expected given that you are unlikely to need a 12.5!!!

Knee's feeling better. Going for another slow 5k tonight. Wife discovered my blog finally. Don't know what that means... Hi honey!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger BeachRunner said...

Glad your knee is feeling better. I think I can help you on the shoe front. I needed the same thing (a cushiony neutral shoe). I got a pair of the Asics Gel Nimbus 10 two months ago and love them. You can read my June 22nd post about it if you want. I highly recommend them. Have a nice run. Hi Mrs. Vava!!

August 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Frayed Laces said...

I run in Mizuno wave creations. They are a "maximum cushion" which means the most support in a neutral shoe without being stability. Unfortunately, the best thing for you to do is simply try on as many shoes as possible!

August 18, 2008 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Yikes! You can't special order them from Asics?!

August 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Size 12.5 foot runners unite! I can totally relate to the no 12.5 size thing! I have been wearing Saucony Ride for this year, and the first pair I got was 12.5! Yeah! Then when I went to get a replacement they said "they don't make 12.5 anymore"!!! I should have stocked up, cornered the market...Good luck on the quest for the 12.5....

August 20, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home