Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Cut Short

 This weekend has found us in a holding pattern as we waited for the rains to let Owen play his baseball tournament. As a result, I ran close to home on Saturday morning not knowing how long I'd be able to stay out before having to get in the car at 7am to drive up to Aurora. I managed a decent 7.2km in a dumbbell pattern and each split ended up being faster than the last, which was kind of neat to see. Then we got one inning in before the rains washed the entire day out.


Today, as I prepare to leave for Aurora, I managed to run just 10km not only because of the time constraints imposed by the tournament (we have to leave in a half hour and I've yet to shower or eat), but also because I just didn't have the necessary motivation to go longer. Instead, I managed to run a bit faster than usual averaging 4:53/km on this run with the last split a relatively speedy 4:13/km, which is darn close to my 10K race pace.

The weather looks good today and I believe we'll be playing three games today with the last one scheduled for 6pm. Should make for a very long day...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home