Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Search For Hills

As the month of May (my favorite month of the year, BTW) comes to a close I find myself preparing for the 18-week marathon training cycle that will start in just two weeks. As such, I am also beginning to try and find new routes which include some hills so that I can incorporate more inclines and declines in my training. Today was a case of me trying to find some hilly streets in the local area and it was OK. I felt like I was running downhill more than uphill, but I realize that is actually impossible given that I started and finished in the same spot. Nevertheless, I meandered through some neighbourhoods that were new to me and had a good 10.3km run (5:00/km, 8:03/mile average pace). I also saw lots of other runners out and about. That's always a good thing. I think the Winter hibernation is over for sure. They are calling for a high of +31C which will feel like +41C today. That's hot! And I love it. As for the hills, I found a few small ones and will need to keep searching for more:



As for the month of May, it was a good month to say the least. Two personal records, one in the 10K while training for another in the Half Marathon followed by a trip to Aruba! Yes, it's been a good month and I am sad to see it go. Here's hoping June is just as good, although I know it won't include Aruba.

The stats for May are as follows:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home