Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Week That Was

It's been very busy for me this week as Owen's baseball really ramps up at the beginning of the season and stuff at work is very much "going on". On top of my regular duties, I was attending a Conference on Thursday and Friday while studying for an exam that I ended up writing on Friday evening. I'll find out in 4-5 weeks if I passed and can add more letters to the end of my name in acronym form...

On the running front things have been going smoothly. I am looking forward very much toward a great Half Marathon on the 15th and have kept my runs fairly even and easy with a bit of a taper in mind. I've also cut out one leg weight training session this week (in part because of the Conference) and will likely not do any leg weights next week leading into the race.

For the sake of brevity, and because I have another baseball game to go coach, here's the week that was (although I realize my week won't actually end until tomorrow when I will be going something in the 14-16km range long run):


And lastly, I turned 37 this week. Not that big a deal since I didn't cross into another age-group and my BQ did not get easier...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

Sounds like things are shaping up nicely for your half marathon next week! I forecast a PR for you with how you are running recently!

And happy birthday, lol at you thinking of your bday in terms of BQ times or what age group you are in, haha

May 9, 2011 at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home