Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Laps of Withrow Park

Since Owen's baseball practice was cancelled due to the weather my plans to run some hills at High Park went out the window. Instead, I decided that hills should still be the order of the day and I picked Withrow Park as my destination in the evening. As I listened to the Yankees broadcast while they played the Jays just down the road (I and NOT a Yankee fan, but their play-by-play on the radio is very entertaining so I tend to check it out often) I trotted around the park.

Things went pretty well and I didn't feel all that taxed. I'm sure hills will help, but I'm curious if running them slowly is beneficial. I'll have to give it a chance I guess.

The hill up Logan Avenue on the West side of the park is not all that steep or long (about 350m by my calculations), but I ran the loop a total of eight times before heading home. The total on the day was the desired 15km and I managed it in 1:18:46 for an average pace of 5:14/km (8:26/mile). Not speedy, but a bit hilly. I'm still recovering from that nasty cold that hit me over the weekend so this was a definite step forward.

The elevation profile looked like this:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home