Monday, April 4, 2011

London Running

Unfortunately it was not London, UK, but rather London, Ontario where we spent the weekend watching my son's basketball team play their final tournament of the season. Although the team did not fare too well the games were all exciting and the kids absolutely loved playing in the hotel swimming pool, so all was not lost.

As far as I was concerned it was good to get out for a couple of runs.

Even if they weren't particularly exciting or interesting, I was happy to finally start feeling like my old self after all the illness and antibiotics of March. On Saturday it was 8.5km exploring some residential areas of the City near a gym that I frequented when I lived there a decade ago.
On Sunday I wasn't sure what to expect of myself because I'd been up way too late and drank more Bourbon than I'd had in the past five years (which isn't saying a lot since I don't drink very much at all, but a small bottle of Jack is a lot to me). Anyway, after only about five hours of sleep I went out for a run and decided to just do an out-and-back given that I didn't really feel like exploring too much. Although I'd lived in London for almost a year it's surprising how little I remember of the place. So I just ran North along the main drag, through downtown (which I did recognize a lot of), and back. I managed 16.4km and the pace was good too. In fact both runs felt good and my pace reflected this in spite of the fact that I only concentrated on going slow and easy. Saturday it was 5:06/km and on Sunday it was 5:09/km, and through rolling hills too.

Good times. April is off to a good start. Now it's back to leg weights. Tomorrow I will likely be sore!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nitmos said...

I have a special place in ym heart for London, ON. First, that is where my current 2 year old Brittany SPaniel came from and ,secondly, that is the location where my Gus Macker basketball team won its only first place trophy! (circa 1994)

April 8, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home