Friday, April 29, 2011

Fitting It In

The last couple of days have been busy and rainy, not to mention windy. On top of that, very busy. So my running this week really has been all about "fitting it in" where ever possible. I've been sleeping rather poorly and this has made waking up early for my intended runs pretty much impossible. Case in point was Wednesday where I "forgot" to set my alarm somehow and then had to "fit" my run into a short space of time before picking up the boys at school.

Thursday is typically not a running day for me, but given that I had to cut my run short on Wednesday I woke up in time to run a short and easy 5km to shake the junk out of my legs after that fastish 11km the day before. It was rather stiff and creaky, but definitely worth doing. At lunch I did my usual leg weight training routine (the one involving lunges, single leg dead lifts, leg press, etc) and then after work I took the boys to the track for some more running. I'm trying my best to make Thursday afternoons our track day and to keep it as consistent as possible. Malcolm was actually disappointed that we weren't going on Wednesday so despite the rain and strong winds we had some fun running around in circles. Malks managed a whole 2km, Owen did some running then practiced his triple jumps, and I jogged a total of 3.2km. It was fun!

Then this morning I once again had trouble waking up. I was hoping to run fifteen kilometres, but by the time I got out the door shortly before 6am I knew I simply didn't have the time to complete that distance. Also, my legs have felt rather heavy from running and weights and fifteen was probably a bit ambitious anyway. Instead, I ran a decent 12km in spite of the soreness I felt and general lethargy. I'm hoping that by Sunday I don't feel like this or my 10K "race" will be more difficult than intended. I'm planning to run from home to the Start (about 6-7km) and then do the race in the 4:17 - 4:24/km pace range (6:54 - 7:04/mile). If I'm feeling like I did this morning I'll be lucky to hold 8 minute miles!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home