Friday, May 13, 2011

Best Race Kit Swag EVER!

Today I picked up my race kit for the Toronto GoodLife Marathon, with yours truly running the Half version. Inside the bag were goodies previously unseen, a really low count of useless flyers and ads, a great tech t-shirt devoid of advertising save for the title sponsor, and a good re-usable grocery shopping bag to house it all.

The highlights:
And the big one...

Amazing. It's almost worth registering and NOT running the race...

Anyway, to update my running for the week since Wednesday morning as I prep for this coming Sunday and its predicted deluge of rain and wind:

I ran 7km on Thursday, portions of which were done with the boys at the local High School track. I ran 400m intervals typically pretty relaxed with Owen, taking short breaks between each lap, and while he was resting I did a few at my planned pace for the HM (4:30/km or below) and managed to find them rather easy, which I can only take as a good sign. The aches and pains are still there, but the heel was somewhat better. The left shoulder I'm not really worried about since it doesn't bother me when I'm running anyway. With running to school to pick up the boys and then running home after Monica picked them up with the car the total was a bit more than I'd intended, but it felt good so I went with it.

This morning I had a bit of trouble getting up to go run, but projecting into the future I knew that with Owen's baseball game this evening, and having volunteered to do the score keeping, I had to run before work or miss it entirely. In the end it was pretty good even if a bit slow. I managed my usual 8.5km.

This weekend is looking rather wet and nasty, but I am planning to run a short recovery distance tomorrow no matter what. On Sunday it's race time, with the current forecast calling for constant rain and brisk winds from the NE it may be challenging to say the least. At least the temperatures look better than previously thought: now they're calling for a low of 8C and a high of 12C, right in that good running range in dry weather anyway. It may be freezing with the rain!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home