Friday, June 3, 2011

More Hills in The Beaches

Last night after work I took the boys to Taylor Creek Park for some running and a change of pace from the track. Although Malcolm did not have a very good time of it we still managed to run 3km along both paved and dirt trails. Owen and I thought it was fun, but I think Malks was just running low on calories and I will have to remember to bring a snack for him next time.

This morning it was more searching for hills by yours truly. Similar to Wednesday morning's run I headed off to The Beaches and ran nice and steady until the end of the boardwalk. That's where the hills start and where the real workout occurred. My goal was to run based on perceived effort and pretty much ignore pace as much as possible. That was a good goal, in my opinion, but a couple of the hills still had my heart racing. They are steep! In any case, I did get what I asked for and ran up and down quite a bit in the middle of the 16.5km (5:13/km, 8:24/mile average pace) run. I can't help but think that this type of running will really pay off in the long run (no pun intended).



This weekend will be busy and I'm not sure how I will fit in my runs as Malks and Monica are away at Beavers Summer Camp and I am with Owen at a baseball tournament. I'll figure something out...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home