Friday, June 10, 2011

A Tale Of Two Runs

Well, that felt better. I realize that it was not nearly as hot this morning as it was on Wednesday morning. I also did not run the night before in hot and humid conditions. But it's amazing how two pretty much exactly the same runs can feel so different just two days apart. (I also realize that the last sentence was a terrible piece of writing, but I think you get my point so WTF!) This morning I ran 15km and did NOT have to stop to catch my breath at the tops of two climbs like I did on Wednesday morning. And, in the end, my run was much more satisfying not because I held a faster pace, but because I was able to traverse those same hills with energy to spare. Sure they were still tough, but nowhere near as daunting as they had been just two days ago. The best thing is that I left the house later today than I did on Wednesday and arrived home earlier.

On the left is today's effort. On the right is Wednesday's. The numbers, thanks to Garmin, do not lie.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home