Friday, December 3, 2010

LeBron James - The Return Proves Disappointing, but Entertaining

Not much you can say about last night's return of LeBron James to Cleveland. Loved the crowd's venom, hated the result.

And I found this picture rather entertaining:


I've taken the liberty to circle the elements that are of particular interest:
  • The two guys flipping King James off
  • Craig Sager's dead rat of a rug (does he honestly think people don't notice!!!)
  • Yoko Ono preparing for a deep freeze or something at the expense of some unfortunate furry creature
I can't spot any sweatervests in the crowd, but I find those entertaining as well (for the record). I call them "swests", and so should you.

Oh yeah, I did some running today...

Before work I trotted out in the cold and dark for a nice recovery paced 5km, and it was pretty good. So good, in fact, that I wanted more!

Therefore, at lunch I hit the treadmill yet again and had a faster paced workout:

DurationSpeedPace (miles)Pace (km)
5:006.2mph9:39/mile6:00/km
5:007.5mph7:59/mile4:58/km
20:008.3mph7:15/mile4:30/km
5:007.3mph8:12/mile5:06/km
4:416.2mph9:39/mile6:00/km
39:417.6mph7:56/mile4:56/km

The total was 8km (adding up to 13km on the day and a second double of the week!) and that 20 minute section in the middle there was key to this run since the pace corresponds to faster than planned marathon pace (BQ style) and it's something I'm shooting for in the Around the Bay 30k next March. It's aggressive, for me, but I think doable with proper training.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

haha, that Cavs game was fun to watch yesterday! I was hoping for a little more excitement or incidents from the crowd, but I guess in the 4th quarter things did get pretty heated with people in the crowd. Good stuff!

December 3, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home