Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Deed is Done!

I have registered for both the Around the Bay 30k (at the end of March) and the Toronto Waterfront Marathon (next October). Yup, the dye has been cast and I now have those two goal races to look forward to. Others may or may not come up, but these two are definitely my focus. I am thinking that either a full or half-marathon in the Spring is also a definite possibility, but I may even decide to race a couple of shorter distances to see how my speed is coming along. After all, if things go well my goal will be to make an attempt at a Boston Qualifying standard next Fall.

I am a bit disappointed, however, to find out that despite qualifying (should that come to pass) it may be too late to register for Boston by then given how quickly this thing sells out nowadays! I think next year's race sold out in a matter of hours - likely less time than it would take to qualify for the damned thing in the first place. Perhaps this will lead to even more stringent qualifying standards, but for me the times are difficult enough to achieve as they are. In fact, I may never get there so if they are made faster my chances will go from slim to none...

Nevertheless, at least I have two races to look forward to in 2011.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott McMurtrey said...

Nice!

November 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

Yes, you better hope the Waterfront marathon is before registration opens. Boston sold out in 7 hours and, unless, they do something different, it'll probably sell out in two hours next year.

November 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home