Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Thursday Like No Other

This morning I did something I haven't done in so long I can't even remember when the last time was that it happened: I ran! Of course that needs to be qualified: I ran on the Thursday morning. Usually I leave Thursdays for weight training the old legs and don't run at all. Today was different because I had an opportunity to go for a group run.

I woke up at 5:40am, got dressed, jumped on my bike and rode down to the gym in plenty of time to get changed and make it to my office building to run with a group of people who were hoping to not only run with the Minister of Labour, but more impressively an Olympian. It was fun to not only meet new people, but also to have someone to chat with while running. The 8k went by so easy and fast that I barely noticed we'd run that far!

Afterward I got back to the gym and proceeded to do my regular leg workout since I didn't feel like doing the whole changing/showering routine again at lunchtime. Having just run made doing lunges a bit interesting, but I persevered and everything was fine.

It was a great way to shake things up a bit!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nitmos said...

The ONLY way I get out of bed to run at 5 am is due to a race. I don't kow how you early birders do it.

November 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home