Monday, October 4, 2010

New Beginnings

I haven't felt the anticipated post-marathon letdown. If anything, I can't wait for my body to fully recover so that I can work on that which I really believe needs immediate improvement. I am also happy with taking a bit of a breather that comes with not having a goal race on the horizon.

With that being said, I have been running a bit and have started back in the weight room. I ran 10km yesterday, and although my legs are still feeling the effects from the race I was happy with a nice slow steady jog. It was great to have company as well; Monica was running 18km as I was able to join her for the first part of her training run. Sure, I only managed a measly 19km last week, but it's still nineteen more than I did at this time last year when I was totally hobbled.

This weekend brings a bit of a pleasant surprise as far as running goes. It's s surprise because it feels so last minute. I have signed both of my boys in the Kids 1K Turkey Trot during the Ottawa Fall Colours Marathon weekend (it is Canadian Thanksgiving and we will be in Ottawa vising family). Also, Owen has been talking about running the 5K as well, and so he got his wish. I registered as well and will be joining him! Monica took the plunge and will be running her first Half-Marathon (officially only since she's done the distance in training), and so this will be a full Family Running Weekend. I can't wait!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott McMurtrey said...

Just caught up on your marathon report! Congratulations!

I've never had a post-race letdown. Like you, they always seem to get me more excited about the next adventure. I use my rest days as planning days. :)

Again, congrats on the marathon. Awesome.

October 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home