Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Getting Better All The Time?

Yesterday morning I was still feeling like crap, but felt like I had to try and do some running no matter what. Even a little bit would be better than sitting on my ass for another day. I thought that maybe I could shake whatever has been ailing me with some exercise and so I headed out for an early morning run of 5km just to see how things would feel.

The answer? Not good. My chest was full of goo and I had trouble breathing, my right heal still hurts despite the time off since Sunday, and both my Achilles tendons felt like they would snap at any moment. All creaky. At least the last kilometre felt better than the first, though it couldn't have felt much worse.

At the moment, now just three days away from the marathon, I am simply hoping for the best. I have been unable to eat much of anything of substance over the past few days and that may be the biggest problem come race day. I am back at work at least and will try to go for another short run tomorrow morning. It's disappointing, but there is nothing I can do about it now. It's almost go time, and everything I've done leading up to this point should get me to the finish line.

And I received my Bib# by email last night! 2922! Hope it's a lucky number. It's also cool that there will be splits at the 10km, 21.1km, and 30km marks. Those are meaningful distances, unlike the 8.6km split that they had at the half marathon I ran back in Ottawa at the end of May.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home