Sunday, September 5, 2010

Almost Normal

Just a quick note to comment that I ran 16km today and it felt almost normal. My right heal is not 100% yet, but as long as I pay attention to icing and stretching I can see it getting there pretty soon. The rest of my legs still feel stiff and have not yet recovered from August, but at least I was able to hold a slightly more encouraging pace during today's effort, averaging out at 5:36/km. I even had three splits in a row exactly the same at 5:24/km during stretch from 10 to 12km. Neat. Although this weak has been my lowest mileage week since January at 25km I'm fine with that. Three weeks left to go until the marathon, and it's all about getting healthy and rested. I will have to improve my nutrition big time as the vacation has put a major dent in that and not in a good way.

Also, I have now crossed 1000 miles for the year! That's more in miles than I thought I would do, and it's a nice milestone.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

That's a fantastic milestone. Well done!

September 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

1000 miles!!!?! Awesomeness. That is a great achievement. I think you should celebrate...by running or something. ;)

September 8, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home