Friday, August 20, 2010

And They're Off!!!

This morning is my last run at home for the next two weeks as we are off on Holidays! I have been hitting the weights pretty hard all week in anticipation of a full two weeks of recovery on account of no access to any weight training equipment. Given that I've been consistently going to the gym every week, and usually five days per week, since the middle of January I figure my body deserves a bit of a rest anyway (though I will miss it a little).

Anyway, I had a good run this morning even if it was tough getting up. As usual I stayed up later than I'd meant to and when my alarm went off at 5am I was totally zonked. Took me a long time to get up and by the time I was out the door it was almost 6am. Not good...

However, the run was not bad, all things considered. My legs were stiff and sore and I was a bit worried about how they would react on account of a near cramp that I experienced in my right hamstring just as I was trying to go to sleep. I ran a decent 15km at a steady and slow pace, which was what I'd planned. The ankle and heel on the right side are getting better, though at the beginning I felt pretty stiff and sore in those spots.

This weekend is a bit of a juggling act on account of our travel plans and so I will likely have to do my long run tomorrow instead of Sunday. I think I will manage, though arriving in Ottawa around midnight tonight might mean a late morning start.

Now we are off to this place!:


I have no idea how Internet access will work, or even if I will have a signal on my cell phone since we are going pretty remote, and so my blogging may also be taking a vacation. Nevertheless, I will be running and checking out the scenery. Should be a great mental and physical break from the urban jungle.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home