Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October 2010 Numbers

My running at the moment can only be described as "plodding". I am still waiting for that magical moment when I finally break out of the post-marathon funk, but given that I'm hitting the weights pretty hard these days the running is almost (almost) secondary at the moment so I can wait a bit (but just a bit) longer.

Over the weekend I finished off the month of October with my longest run since the marathon. I secretly wanted to run ten miles, but settled for a nice 15km jaunt down to the Beaches and to the end of the boardwalk and then back home. It was blah, but at least it was...

I haven't been too motivated to write down much of my running-related thoughts on this blog recently, but I thought it would be nice to summarize October. Given my lack of motivation I have decided to simply pull the stats off of Garmin's website and post it here in all its JPEG glory:


This morning I ran a chilly 6.2km in below-freezing temperatures. Not too much fun going out early when it is dark and cold, but so far I've been able to do it consistently. Although my runs are all pretty short these days I think it's still worth it to keep up with the pattern and run before work during the week. I am starting to entertain thoughts of starting to commute on foot again, but I am not quite ready for that much running at the moment.

With the above run my mileage for 2010 is well into the Great Depression and currently sits at 1937.45km. I guess the ".45" would put me in June, 1937, to be exact...

Next up? WWII.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nitmos said...

Plodding! Many days I feel like this.

November 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home