Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cracking 50s Again

This week ended with a bit of a brain fart on my part, but all's well that ends well. After a nondescript 5km recovery run on Saturday morning I headed off on what was supposed to be another sixteen kilometre "long" run on Sunday. As I ran along not pushing the pace and just enjoying the run despite the chilly wind that blew directly in my face on the out portion I got a little mixed up with my mathematical calculations. I didn't realize until the turn at at the nine kilometre mark that 9 + 9 = 18km and not 16!!!

Silly, but I managed to get home in time to get ready and drive Owen to his basketball game. On top of that this marked the first time I cracked fifty kilometres for a week since my marathon in late September. The total ended up at 55km and I would have achieved the same result had I turned around at the appropriate spot on my long run. Nevertheless, I am pleased to be back up into the fifties for mileage.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

good week! that is impressive with how cold it is in Canada, I have trouble running outside because of darkness now, haha

December 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home