Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mileage Milestone is Nigh

Yesterday I managed to achieve my highest mileage month ever, and with a few days left to go in May (complete with a half marathon to be run on the second last day) I will obliterate my old record and cross a new threshold at the same time.

I ran twice yesterday, 5.75km to work and another 7km back home at the end of the day for a total of 12.75km. With that I upped my mileage for May to 186.25km, which breaks my previous record of 179.85km from last July.

That's all well and good, but the bigger milestone will be going past the double century mark for the first time. I plan on running tonight (after Owen's baseball practice, so it will be a late one) and again on Friday night (after we complete the 5+ hour drive to Ottawa so it, too, will be a late one) and should go past 200km before I even begin my half marathon on Sunday morning.

Exciting times. Modest, but exciting for me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bert said...

Good going! Upping your monthly mileage to around 250K or so is ideal for marathon training, provided you can stay healthy of course!

May 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home