Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Juggling not Joggling

My body is chock full of surprises, and typically not of the welcome variety. It's never bought me roses, treated me to an piece of pie, or let me go back to sleep right away upon being woken up in the middle of the night (a particularly pesky affliction). No no, it wouldn't be a nice type of surprise that would greet me on this the day of my birth...

Instead I was welcomed to the 36-club with foot pain. Yes, foot pain. Not ankle pain, which is something I come to expect and, therefore, is no longer a surprise, but foot pain. I think it has something to do with running on uneven grass Tuesday morning (where I managed to run 10km chasing a soccer ball and listening to neighbourhood dogs barking at me). I don't recall anything acute happening during the run, but later in the day it started to throb. I seem to remember at least one step where I caught myself from rolling over on the ankle and that may have something to do with this issue. By the evening when I was coaching my elder loin-fruit's first official league baseball game (we won 17-10 over the home side of Newmarket to get the season off to a roaring start) it was all I could do to just stand up.

This morning it certainly felt better, but nowhere near good enough to let me run to and from work as I'd originally intended. I did bring my Garmin to work wishfully thinking that I might be able to fit a run in at lunchtime, but decided that the better choice was to go to the gym and do some upper body weights instead. I am juggling my schedule and moving the run(s) that I was supposed to do today to tomorrow. Here's hoping the foot improves enough to let me at least run slow and easy.

And I have no intention of adding juggling to my jogging. I can barely do the latter without injuring myself. Imagine what would happen if I added the former!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Man, welcome to the 36 club, sorry you didn't get better presents!

May 5, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home