Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bound to Happen

Well, I suppose eventually I would be tested. I mean that I would have to live up to my promise to "listen to my body". And today is the first exam.

My left Achilles Tendon has been pretty sore over the course of the past few training runs and it hit a tipping point of sorts on yesterday's lunchtime jaunt. I've been icing it and all that, stretching and stuff, and thought that it felt pretty good to go as I started off on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon for what would turn out to be a slow and uncomfortable 10km. The Achilles was tight from the get go, and it never got better. Typically the type of pain I was feeling would dissipate as I warmed up, but the fact that it actually got a bit worse is a huge red flag.

And so, for the first time since the middle of December, I did NOT walk to work this morning, and will NOT be running home at the end of the day. Damn!

Additionally, I have learned through experience and by reading all sorts of advice over the past two years that I must NOT try to make up the mileage for the week that I will miss today. Double Damn!!

Here's to listening to my wonky body. And hoping for a speedy recovery...

At least I can still go do some upper body weights today. Yay for upper body weights!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Hope you get better soon!

April 16, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home