Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pain. A Tradition Unlike Any Other.

It seems like my body needs at least one thing to be hurt at any given time. For the past year it's been my right knee patella. Before that, for more than a few years, it was the wonky right ankle. So what's the deal with my left Achilles tendon suddenly giving my issues? And, more to the point, why hasn't the knee pain miraculously disappeared at the same time?

I'm joking, of course, but it does seem strange how I am forced to run with something lingering somewhere. At least this year none of these pains and aches have stopped me from running and I have yet to miss a single training run.

This morning I completed the week with a tough long run. I think I started out a bit too fast and paid for it toward the end, but I did manage a decent 18km in just a shade over 1h39m. The average pace was 5:30/km and the heart rate ended up at 146bpm. I did the same loop around Taylor Creek and up Beechwood Ave and as my last 18km back in March, and pushed a bit harder than that time. That hill up Beechwood Ave doesn't seem as imposing as it once did, but it certainly is not easy by any means.

In the end, it was a good long run. I managed 46km this week and have now run more than half of all of last year's mileage, and it's only April 11th! Good times.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home