Monday, June 22, 2009

Rhymes with Recovery

A short recovery run that was more of a struggle than it should ever have been. The knees both felt tight, but the left one was definitely the tighter one. I had to stop a couple of times to stretch, and slowed down even more from my already slow slow pace. Then things started feeling a bit better, though not perfect by any means.

I ran 5km in a slowest ever for me 33:01:44 for an average pace of 6:36/km (10:37/mile). The heart rate averaged out to 128bpm - like I said, it was slow and easy. But one wise man once wrote that there is no such thing as going too slow on a recovery run.

Garmin don't lie.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

I definitely agree that there's so such thing as too slow on a recovery run. I really hope the knees start feeling better!

June 23, 2009 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger yumke said...

At least you know how to do recovery runs. I'm so very bad at them and I have to learn to slow down.

June 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

Yes, you need to take it easy on those knees. So they recover...

That's all I got today.

June 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home