Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Injury Treatment Pending, Weights Later

I made the plunge and called my physio to see if she'd take a look at my lingering knee issue. As it happens, today is her first day back after Beijing, where she was as part of the Canadian Rowing team. My appointment is on Thursday, and I hope that she does NOT force me to take time off... I think I need to stregthen and stretch some stuff, but need guidance from a pro.

The UofT athletic centre is open again, my tuition is paid, and I will be starting swimming next week! Can't wait, not only because I (for the first time since my competitive days) am actually looking forward to swimming, but also because this will take some stress off the knee. I just hope I can fit it all in between my last course, family, etc... Should be doable, if that's a word.

I am heading to the gym for my usual weights tonight, but am posting now in anticipation of a busy evening what with the kids having finished their first day of school, the spouse planning a gym visit as well, and me being more tired than usual given that my bedtime last night was still on vacation mode it is unlikely I'll be up for computer shtuff after working out. Sad, but true...

Lastly, the New Balance 1062's I bought last week are working out great. They have more shock absorption than my Asics Cumulus 9's, though I would have loved to try out the Asics Nimbus 10's. The 12.5 foot size is a pain in the ass though, and NB are the only store in town that stocks it, so Asics (if you are reading this) you've lost a long-time customer.

Now, back to work!

Weights details:
  • 10 minute warmup on stationary bike
  • Dumbell Bench Press 12-12-10 55lbs
  • HS Seated Rows 12-12-12 180lbs
  • Dumbell Shoulder Press 12-10 40lbs
  • HS Lat Pulldown 10-10 160lbs
  • Dumbell Biceps Curls 12-10 30lbs
  • Triceps Extensions 12-12 60lbs
  • Ab Crunch Machine 15-15-15 125lbs

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

Good call on seeing someone for the knee issue. Hopefully she'll tell you what you want to hear ;-)

You know what's funny is that you just NEVER know who is reading your blog . . . ;-)

September 2, 2008 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

Good luck on your appointment.

September 2, 2008 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Here's hoping your knee responds quickly. Going to a pro for advice and care is very smart.

September 2, 2008 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger N.D. said...

Glad your shoes are working out! And swimming is great, it should help your knee. I know what that is like! Good luck, hope you feel better and the doc helps!

September 2, 2008 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Glad you are going to have your knee checked out, if time off is necessary, then by all means think of the LONG term...you need to be able to run when your in your 70's you know!

September 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the injury!

September 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home