Monday, July 8, 2013

Actively Waiting

Well, it hasn't been the best of breaks, that's for sure. I have not been running since I tweaked my left Achilles a couple of Fridays ago, but only in part due to the injury. That same day I acquired some sort of strange "intestinal infection" (doctor's diagnosis) that is still sort of working it's way through my system well over a week after the initial symptoms reared their ugly head (pun intended). I think it's the result of some poorly sanitized equipment in the CPR/AED re-certification course I attended on the Thursday just before I started feeling like crap (pun intended, again), but I have no way to prove it.

So, it continues to be a waiting game of sorts. My Achilles is feeling better, but not 100%. My gut, ditto. I think part of the problem with the former is that my calves and hamstrings are so tight that the injury will not fully heal until all of that relaxes a bit. With that in mind I am booked for a massage tomorrow and I'm hoping for some significant release. The latter issue? Well, that's a waiting game that simply requires patience. In the meantime, it's weight training and commuting by bike.

Owards and upwards! Hope this is the only hiccup for this marathon training cycle as I am certainly looking forward to getting back to running again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home