Monday, May 27, 2013

Onwards

Well, the couple of weeks post Half Marathon have been less than stellar exercise wise, but some of it could not have been avoided. The calf issue was one thing, but then a full week of off-site training (not physical, but work related) and conferences put a damper on most everything this past week. I did manage to do pretty well, however, all things considered:

Monday was a travel day as it was a Holiday so we'd spent the three day weekend out of town.

Tuesday was my first run after I decided to shut it down on account of the calf and subsequent illness. Ran 7km pretty easy, took one minute walk breaks every 2km. I managed to fit in a quick weight training session during the lunch break at the course, but it was not entirely fulfilling.

Wednesday I ran 5km in the morning, once again nice and easy, and I managed another weight training session at a different gym that was the most cramped space I'd every worked out in. Glad it's not my usual spot.

Thursday I just did some light leg weights. Good to keep that up I think, just have to be careful.

Friday morning I was up early again and managed a nice 9km run. Later in the day my calves tightened up a bit as I spent far too much time either sitting or standing still at the conference. At the end of the day I fit in a very good weight training session as the conference ended early(ish).

Saturday I just managed a 3km recovery run, though I felt good enough to put in some pick ups between telephone poles here and there for fun.

Sunday morning I ran 10.5km over a loop course that I hadn't done in a couple of years through Leaside and Rosedale. Just took a one minute walk break at the 5km mark. Felt good for the most part, though I ran very slowly and my heart rate was mostly in the high 130s, and in the very low 140s for the last few kilometres.

And that's where I am now. 20 weeks to go till the Marathon, and still feeling like I am recovering from that slow Half, which is irritating. Oh well, at least I'm running.

This weekend will be a bit of a shock to the system as I am playing in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament for the first time in years. Promises to be more of a party than a competitive atmophere, but that doesn't mean that my legs won't be trashed by the end. A little apprehensive about it, but looking forward to the camping, partying, and playing for sure!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home