Sunday, April 28, 2013

Short(s) and Swee(T)

Nice Spring weather has FINALLY arrived and I hope it stays. Although I woke up at 5am with an allergy attack, it still doesn't matter. I eventually fell back asleep and then went out for my last Sunday run before next week's Pittsburgh Half Marathon. Can't wait! (To run it slow and aerobic...)

Today was another run much like last week so I though it useful to compare the heart rate based stats:


At a glance it looks like today my average heart rate was higher, and my pace was slightly faster. For some reason this run was tougher than the last one and I was never able to just cruise easily at a low heart rate. Could be the early allergy related wake up, or the addition of hills this week, or just life in general. My diet wasn't too good yesterday either, with just two meals, a beer, and some cake. Hmmm...

All the same, it was still in the right heart rate zone and that's something. The hill up Beechwood Drive was tougher than both yesterday's run and the one last week, as my max HR on that split (10/11) will attest. Oh well, onto the first race in nearly two years!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home