Friday, March 1, 2013

Over The Hill

I am referring to February in my "Over The Hill" title for this post, not my state of being. Although there are some aspects of Winter that I really enjoy, this particular one has definitely been trying my patience. Don't think I posted about this, but the stupid weather seems to ALWAYS get dangerous the night before I am supposed to run, leaving the sidewalks slippery and all around shitty.

Case in point, a couple of Saturdays ago I went for a short recovery jog, took every precaution, made sure to proceed at a snail's pace, and still fell. HARD! Right on my back, in the blink of an eye, with my head smashing the concrete a bit harder than I would have liked. Definitely saw stars, and stayed down for a bit trying to figure out whether I was up to proceeding or not. But, having watched a documentary on the legendary Bones Brigade the night before, I felt compelled to continue. After all, this type of fall is routine for skateboarders, so...

Anyway, I am very much pleased that February is over and am looking forward to nicer weather.

Here's what February was like running-wise, for posterity:


Like I said, slow and shitty...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home