Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Slip and Slop

Well, that was just about the slowest, slipperiest, weirdest run ever! Went out for the usual (of late) 5km run this morning and, although the temperature hovered above freezing all night, the film of goo left behind from a recent snowfall made the City into a sloppy ice rink. First time I tried crossing a street I completely froze my right foot with watery slush, and that was only about a hundred metres into the run.

It went about the same the rest of the way with my pace hovering in the death walk at the end of my first marathon region. It wasn't because I was dying, just because I was afraid of falling with every step!

Anyway, it is done. Hope the black ice clears away before my next run on Thursday morning...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home