Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hills, Rain, but no Dogs

Ran that long run (21km) near the cottage this morning to finish off my highest mileage week in nearly two years at a paltry 48km (~30 miles). Oh well... Baby steps.

I did NOT get attacked by dogs (GOOD), I DID get soaked with rain and experienced nipple chafe (BAD), and I had a very slow and tougher than expected run all told (MEH). I was trying to keep my average heart rate under 143bpm, and did succeed with a 141bpm final tally.

The hills are out to prove just how out of shape I am:


It's not "mountain running", but it's not exactly flat either. I almost got lost as well, so it's a good thing I was carrying my phone with me as I was quickly able to dial up the maps app and get back on track. Whew!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home