Monday, July 6, 2009

First Run in Prince Edward County

The IPhone tethering is working, though the network here at the cottage is slow as molasses. As a result, this is more of a test than a real post and will be short.

After a day of hanging out at the beach with the boys I took off before dinner for my regular recovery 5k along the country roads of Prince Edward County. I've never run along roads like these and everything went fine with one exception. As I was running along one of the main roads I passed by what looked like a perfectly nice sideroad and decided to run in that direction. All good, except for the two dogs that came out at me in two different spots! One was about the size of my shoe, so that was OK. The other was a big German Shepherd, and it scared the crap out of me. I dreaded running back along the same road on my out-and-back, let me tell you, but there was no repeat occurrence.

The run was 5km completed in 29:33 for an average pace of 5:54/km (9:30/mile). That's it...

Garmin don't lie.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

I've had only the one nasty experience with dogs and it's put me off eh!

July 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

Dogs are a pain during runs!
I had a Rotty come after me one morning at about 5:30am. Who lets a rotty out free at that time?

July 7, 2009 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I am terrified of being chased by a dog while running! Glad to hear you made it out unscathed!

July 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

I HATE that feeling of the anticipated return meeting with the attack dogs. Especially when it is unavoidable...

July 7, 2009 at 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the dogs didn't give you any real grief.

July 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Vava said...

D10: I thought about your recent dog encounter when the big one came at me, that's for sure! I, too, am glad he didn't bite me the same way you got bit.

July 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

I'm waiting for a dog bite...the chase happens all the time.

July 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home